E-mail MeRichard T. Fass
877-833-7475 (Toll Free)
Richard T. Fass joined Perdue & Kidd, LLP in March 2011.
He is board certified in Personal Injury Trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Fass is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is rated "AV-Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubble, the highest peer review rating for legal ability and ethical standards.
Mr. Fass's legal career has involved trying cases to juries and litigating matters of all types. He began defending corporations, individuals, and insurance companies in general negligence, premises liability, product liability, automobile and trucking accidents, industrial accidents, and first-party insurance claims. He then was a name partner in two law firms in Houston, where his practice expanded to include plaintiff's personal injury, employment litigation, commercial litigation, construction litigation, and intellectual property litigation. Mr. Fass then spent two years with a focus on maritime litigation, handling Jones Act and other offshore injury cases in Louisiana and Texas.
At Perdue & Kidd, Mr. Fass represents personal injury and wrongful death victims and people and companies in commercial disputes. The law firm handles personal injury cases arising from transportation accidents, products liability, premises liability, industrial incidents, petrochemical explosions and fires, construction site incidents, Jones Act, Longshore and Harbor Workers Act, and medical malpractice. In the commercial arena, Perdue & Kidd represents oil and gas royalty owners, construction defect victims, securities fraud victims, and businesses in contract disputes.
Mr. Fass graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 1988 with a Bachelor of Arts in both Government and Economics. He then graduated from South Texas College of Law with a J.D. in 1991. Mr. Fass is admitted to practice in the State of Texas, including the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas.
Mr. Fass is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Houston Bar Association, Texas Bar Foundation (Fellow), American Association for Justice, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and Houston Trial Lawyers Association, He is a former State Bar Grievance Committee panel chair. Mr. Fass has also served for many years as a director of the Gulf Coast Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Rich and his wife, Paige, have a son and a daughter.
Areas of Practice
- General Negligence resulting in catastrophic personal injuries and wrongful death
- Transportation Litigation - trucking and automobile collisions
- Maritime Litigation - offshore accidents, oilfield accidents, boating accidents
- Industrial Accidents
- Commercial Litigation
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Construction Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Insurance Litigation
- Workplace accidents, including employers who are Non-Subscribers
Certified Legal Specialties
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1991
- The University of Texas
- B.A. - 1988
Honors and Awards
- "Texas Super Lawyer" by Thompson Reuters and printed in Texas Monthly Magazine, 2012 - 2013
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- "AV" Rated by Martindale-Hubble
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- American Association of Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- The State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Association