Rodney Merwin is Of Counsel to Perdue & Kidd. Attorney Rodney Merwin has been a fearless advocate for thousands of Texans for forty-two years. He has been board certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2000.
Rodney is a native Houstonian, having graduated from Memorial High School, where he served as President of the Student Council in 1972. He then attended Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois as a Clarion DeWitt Hardy Debate Scholar and graduated with honors, receiving a Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1976, majoring in political science.
After his undergraduate education, Rodney attended the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, earning his Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree in 1979. He became licensed to practice law in Texas by the Supreme Court of Texas in November 1979.
Not long after becoming licensed, Rodney Merwin established a general law practice, handling personal injury, family law and criminal cases, among other legal services. Always aspiring to be a trial lawyer, Rodney very quickly began trying cases to judges and juries in Texas courts. Rodney has been lead counsel in more than 100 jury trials.
In the late 1990’s, Rodney began concentrating his efforts in the area of personal injury law and soon handled injury cases exclusively. He is extremely motivated to help victims recover their lawful damages when injured due to the negligence or wrongdoings of others. Rodney receives great satisfaction from helping his clients, as much as possible, return to their pre-injury quality of life.
- Licensed by the Supreme Court of the State of Texas, November 1979
- Licensed by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, April 1981
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Urban Debate League
- Greater Heights Area Chamber of Commerce
- AV Preeminent rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers, 2013 through 2020, as published in the Texas Lawyer, based on the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
For the past ten years, Rodney has volunteered as a debate coach in Houston Independent School District High Schools, in connection with the Houston Urban Debate League. In 2013 he was the HUDL Mentor of the Year.
In his spare time, Rodney plays the piano and sings in a local country rock band. His love of music led him to meet his wife, Vicki Merwin, a financial advisor and singer. They have three daughters, two grandchildren and more on the way.