Jim M. Perdue Jr.
Jim M. Perdue, Jr. is a named partner at Perdue & Kidd, with a national practice focusing on trying lawsuits, from cases involving defective medical products and pharmaceutical liability claims to catastrophic injuries of all types. He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and Medical Professional Liability by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys. He currently serves on the Rules Advisory Committee of the Texas Supreme Court. Jim Perdue Jr. is both an Advocate in the American Board of Trial Advocates and Fellow in the International Society of Barristers. Mr. Perdue is listed among the “Top 100 Attorneys in Texas” in Texas Monthly by Thomson Reuters, where he has been named a “Texas Super Lawyer” since the award was created 11 years ago. He is also named in “The Best Lawyers in America” (Woodward/White 2006-15) for Plaintiff’s Personal Injury practice.
Years of Experience
Jim Perdue Jr. has tried over 30 personal injury cases to jury verdict, including multi-million dollar verdicts for cases involving pharmaceutical liability, workplace injury, and medical malpractice. This includes his $27.6 million dollar verdict against Boston Scientific, listed as one of the largest product liability verdicts of 2014 by the National Law Journal. Jim Perdue Jr. has spoken at over 100 legal seminars and published on a wide range of topics, from trial techniques to tort law. He has made appearances on Good Morning America, Court TV, and local television as a legal commentator on civil justice legislation, automotive safety, and product liability law.
Jim Perdue Jr. r attended the University of Texas and graduated summa cum laude. He then received his J.D. cum laude at the University of Houston Law Center and was named their Outstanding Alumnus of the Year in 2006. He is Past-President of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Past-Chair of the Professional Negligence Section of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, a member of Leader’s Forum of American Association for Justice, a fellow of the Texas and Houston Bar Foundations, and a member of the College of the State Bar of Texas. The Houston Young Lawyers Association honored Jim Perdue Jr. with the Woodrow B. Seals Outstanding Young Attorney Award in 2002.
Mr. Perdue serves on the Boards of TIRR Foundation, which is the charitable research arm of TIRR Hospital in Houston, Texas, St. Paul’s United Methodist Church Foundation (Houston); and the Silver Spurs Alumni Association. Jim Perdue Jr. is a past director of the Texas Lyceum and Past President of the University of Houston Law Center Alumni Organization. He and his wife Nicole have three sons.
- University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts in Government & Economics
- University of Houston Law Center, Juris Doctor
- Honors: Outstanding Alumnus of the Year in 2006
- Texas, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Certified Legal Specialties
- Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Professional Liability-Medical Malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
Jim Perdue Jr. Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Alumnus of the Year – University of Houston Law Center, 2006
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers
- “The Best Lawyers in America” Woodward/White, 2006 – 2015
- Woodrow B. Seals Outstanding Young Attorney Award HYLA, 2002
- Texas Super Lawyers – Top 100 Attorneys in Texas Monthly Magazine, 2004-2014
- Best Lawyers in America 2015-2020
- Super Lawyer, 2003 – 2019
- Fellow, Texas and Houston Bar Foundations
- AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
Professional Association Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Texas Lyceum, Board of Directors
- University of Houston Law Center Alumni Organization, Past President
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- American Association for Justice, Professional Negligence Section, Past-Chair
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Former Board of Directors
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- The Institute for Rehabilitation and Research, Member of the Board of Directors, on Executive Committee
- International Society of Barristers