Michael R. Clinton
Michael Clinton joined Perdue & Kidd in 2018 after spending the first four years of his practice representing plaintiffs in nationwide pharmaceutical and medical device litigation. In 2018, Texas Super Lawyers named Michael one of only thirteen young lawyers to their “Rising Stars” list in the field of Class Action and Mass Torts. He was named to Texas Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list again in 2019 for Personal Injury – Plaintiff. Michael is driven professionally by a keen sense of justice and his passion for helping people. At Perdue & Kidd, Michael continues to represent plaintiffs in mass tort litigation involving defective medical products in addition to pursuing claims for injuries arising from major vehicle collisions, athletic events, and unsafe business premises.
Michael’s passion for helping others extends beyond his law practice. For the last five years, he has volunteered weekly as a tutor for elementary-age students at The Forge for Families, an after-school program in Houston’s Third Ward. As a member of the Board of Trustees for Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, Michael Clinton also currently serves as the Chair and Co-Chair of multiple committees, most of which involve volunteering with children in underprivileged areas: Read To Succeed at Burnet Elementary School; Big For A Day with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Houston; and HYLF’s Adopt An Angel Program.
Michael grew up in north Texas. He earned his Bachelor of Business Administration in Financial Consulting from Southern Methodist University in 2010. He then attended Baylor Law School on a Dean’s Scholarship. While studying at Baylor, he took part in the NYU Immigration Law Moot Court Competition, the ABA Labor Law Mock Trial Competition, and the UMKC Voir Dire Competition. Upon graduating with his Juris Doctorate in 2013, Michael joined The Order of Barristers, a legal honor society recognizing the top performers in each graduating class. Following graduation, Baylor Law School hired Michael on staff where he worked as the Practice Court Associate in Baylor’s coveted third-year trial program, Practice Court. He also assisted in coaching two of the mock trial teams on which he had previously competed.
In his free time, Michael enjoys playing basketball; running with his wife, Kirby; throwing the frisbee with his dog, Atty (short for Attorney); reading; and watching any sport that’s in season.
- Southern Methodist University, BBA in Financial Consulting
- Baylor Law School, Juris Doctor
- State Bar of Texas
- S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Michael has also appeared pro hac vice before the U.S. District Courts for the Districts of Utah, New Jersey, Southern District of West Virginia, and Southern District of New York, as well as state courts for the state of New Jersey and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Professional Association Memberships
- Houston Young Lawyers Association–Board of Directors, 2016-2017
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation–Board of Trustees, 2017-Present
- American Association for Justice
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association